Who Wants to Try Super Suppers?

I’m dusting off the bread machine — the one we haven’t used since we moved at the end of 2005. Also, firing up the crockpot because, dude, it may still be hot but it’s Fall already and working moms like me need crockpots to survive. It’s a soup day; we’ll have a little Italian sausage soup with homemade bread to warm our souls and make dinner a low-pressure event.

I do like to cook, although cooking is more often for survival than pleasure. Most moms I know don’t like to cook, or don’t cook at all (they heat up, order out or visit restaurants several times a week). I cook almost every night. Some nights are sandwich nights. We rarely go out.

There’s a great new helper for getting dinner on the table, though — the Charlottesville Super Suppers is NOW OPEN! I wrote about them back when they were just “coming soon” and lots of you said you’d like to try it.

So who’s with me? Leave a comment and we’ll coordinate a blogger gathering/cooking party.

And if you’re out of C’ville, let me know — have you tried Super Suppers or something similar? Did you like it?

(If you really don’t like to cook, they have a pick up option, too.)

8 Responses to Who Wants to Try Super Suppers?

1. Maya says:

So… here’s my first attempt at posting a response to a blog. We have “Time For Dinner” here in STL. It has such a cult following because it’s fun, easy and productive (all within two hours!) We have a group of 4-6 girls that go every month and they now know some of us by name.
    The food is fantastic and it’s actually inspired me to cook a lot more. It goes to show that a little planning ahead of time makes life so much easier. It’s even inspired me to cook a lot more at home. I think you’ll love it!

2. Cathy says:

I’m on that like a cheap suit! Count me in!

3. Marriage-101 says:

I dunno what Super Suppers is, but I will tell you that I LOVE my crockpot. I’m so ready for chili suppers.

4. Stanley says:

I was a disappointed (but not entirely surprised) that Super Suppers offers only one vegetarian entree. I still might have to try it though. It’s right on my way home from work.

Supper Suppers has acknowledged the need to expand vegetarian offerings and will be doing so shortly! Stay tuned for an update.

My sister lives in the DC area and swears by Super Suppers. Since it’s just her and her husband, she’ll make the usual entrees and then split everything in half when she gets home — thereby doubling her meals and halving her costs.

7. zuzu says:

We have several Super Supper-esque places here in STL and they are wonderful! I would never have the time to cook such delicioius entrees myself! While you might think it’s on the expensive side, you might think about the expense of buying all the ingredients you’d need, but only be using, say, a teaspoon or two of an fairly unusual ingredient. I noticed that benefit when I made a Carribean dish. There were at least four extracts that I would never have in my cabinet, nor would I use for any other dish. (It was FABULOUS, btw)

Enjoy!

8. Mike Murphy says:

On the Illinois side of the river we have Dinner at your Door Personal Chef Sevice http://www.dinneratyourdoorpcs.com/, with Chef Cari Schaeffer. She comes to your home and cooks meals for you.

She says:

“You need a Personal Chef Service if:

*You can drive up to any fast food window or call the local pizza deliver guy and simply say “I’ll have the usual”.

*Your children think that a can opener and a microwave are “essential kitchen tools”.

*Your dining out budget is bigger than your grocery bill every month and yet you still find yourself throwing away produce that you meant to eat.”

The food is fantastic. She has catered two Chamber of Commerce events at my office and the people have raved about her food.

murph