Tips for Going to the Dentist
- Refrain from saying, a la the Rudolph movie, “I want to be a dentisth.” Some people don’t think lisps are funny, nor do they get the obscure 1960s movie reference. My kids, however, think this is hilarious.
- Wear shoes that tie or that are guaranteed to stay on your feet. I once had a clog drop from my elevated foot, smashing the toe of an unsuspecting dental hygenist. Awkward.
- Bring something to read. You know, unless People is your speed and you have lots of Hannah Montana and Britney Spears catching up to do.
- Before you leave, take the legal limit of ibuprofen, even if you’re taking someone else for their appointment. Trust me. It works.
- Try to find a
really relatively hot female dentist. Your husband and teenaged son will be much more likely to keep their appointments.
- Do not allow photographs at any time during your visit. I was recently informed that a large photo of my eight-year-old self having my teeth flossed hangs prominently in the offices of one Curtiss L. Floyd, DDS. (By the way, Doc, congratulations on 40 years of serving the community — you’re still my favorite dentist, ever!)
This entry was posted in
. Bookmark the permalink