Planning for Christmas Baking

Via Twitter, Facebook and FriendFeed, several of you provided suggestions for my Christmas Cookie baking list. So far, the most intriguing recommendations have been Romance Cookies¬†and Midnight Cookies. The kids want Peanut Butter Blossoms — you know, the peanut butter cookies with the Hershey’s kisses in the middle — and of course I’ll make some sugar cookies, too. For the sugar cookies, this year I’m going to try reliable old Alton Brown’s recipe and decorate with Royal Icing.

If I get really ambitious, I may whip up some macaroons, too.

I’m still taking suggestions! I will bake this weekend so leave your favorite cookie idea in the comments.

This entry was posted in and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Planning for Christmas Baking

1. Kirsten says:

We prefer the peanut butter cookies with mini Reese’s cups in the middle.

2. Amber says:

I went the bar cookie route, and experimented with my sugar cookies … http://www.ammusings.com. I’m very pleased with they way things turned out – the chocolate chips are to die for! I’m going to post an easy candy-mix recipe today if that interests you.

3. Cindy says:

The aunts made those fabulous cookies, kind of a sandwich cookie called Cream Wafers…melt in your mouth great …I have the recipe around if you get in the mood…Since I am one of the aunts now I guess I should be baking and mailing them out…not!

4. Middle Sis says:

Have you ever tried peppermint snowballs? I got the recipe at bettycrocker.com after misplacing mine–you make them with crushed candy canes or peppermint candies. I also tried a new cranberry and white chocolate cookie this year that you make with craisins and white chocolate chips–mmm. Have fun!

5. Veronica says:

My granny would make wreaths made out of corn flakes (made like rice crispy treats) add a little green food coloring, form small wreaths and then and 2-3 red hots for decoration. They are really good and are very festive.

6. Clarence says:

Look forward to reading more from you in the future this is really good stuff