We’re Taking this Marriage Out and Getting it Ripped

My husband: “Our marriage is old enough to drink.”

That’s right — today we’re celebrating 21 years of wedded bliss. We bought ourselves a Sleep Number bed to commemorate the occasion. It’s a California King, a sizable upgrade from the queen mattress we’ve been sharing for many years.

When my husband’s parents got married a great-grandmother heard they were going to have a king-sized bed and family legend has it, said that the newlyweds’ marriage would never last (presumably space in a bed leads to, well . . .Β  nothing, I guess.)

I think we finally figured it was time to get some sleep.

But before that, this marriage has some drinking to do.

What? We’re old enough. Come to think of it, when we got married we weren’t old enough to drink. We’ve got some catching up to do.

Happy anniversary to us! Feel free to raise a glass in our general direction, wherever you happen to be tonight.

This entry was posted in Charlottesville. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to We’re Taking this Marriage Out and Getting it Ripped

1. Kathy G says:

Congratulations!

If your marriage is old enough to drink, I wonder what my 30-year old one can do πŸ™‚

2. Evan Levy says:

Congrats! I toast in your general direction!

3. That is fantastic! Congrats! My MIL still thinks her son’s marriage ended because they had a king-sized bed. πŸ˜‰

4. Molly Fulton says:

Well done! I will raise a glass in your general direction tonight (hopefully one that Travis Koshko has poured for me).

5. Way to go, you two crazy kids! Have a glass for me!

6. Congratulations! Happy anniversary!

I was also told that king beds were bad. You can’t go to bed angry in a queen bed or something like that. If, however, you have a golden retriever who likes to sleep outstretched, a queen bed gets old very, very quickly. πŸ™‚

7. Justin Beck says:

Congrats… What an accomplishment.

8. Middle Sis says:

Congrats Mark and Mj! We’ll raise a glass to you at the rehearsal dinner tonight. Love ya!

9. Randee says:

Happy Anniversary!

10. Slava says:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! You two make the strongest case possible for the institution of marriage.

11. Sean McCord says:

Happy Anniversary! Sharon and I traded in our 20-year-old mattress for a Queen-sized sleep-by-number just a few months ago. Yes, we are at an age where sleeping is good.

12. Happy Anniversary. Found your blog through a working mom search. Being a working mom myself, I love networking with others. Seems to help tame the guilt πŸ™‚

13. DeanG says:

Congratulations! Over the Rhine’s “Good Dog Bad Dog” might be a good album to go along with that theme. πŸ™‚