There are 5 smart things to do while you’re recovering from surgery but sometimes you need a break from being smart and productive. Here are 5 silly things, because sometimes being silly is smart, too!
- Use the time to whiten your teeth! Resting in bed is the perfect time to have whitening trays in place. No one will see you and when you’ve recovered, you’ll miraculously be sporting a brighter smile.
- Watch all the dumb movies you missed on initial release (Netflix streaming is awesome for this). Watch them as long as you can stand it and feel guilt free when you ditch one 15 minutes into it. I recommend, in particular, Hot Tub Time Machine.
- Read a crappy romance novel. It requires zero brain cells and makes you appreciate even more the good lit you’re used to reading.
- Coat yourself with self-tanner. Since you’re not going anywhere it’s a good time to experiment and discover which shade of orange looks best on you.
- Wear a lot of eyeliner and mascara. I almost put on fake eyelashes yesterday when I discovered I had them. It’s oddly uplifting to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and laugh at my Tammy Faye Bakker makeover.