STL Blogger Gathering — A Success

I want to thank everyone who came out for the STL Blogger Gathering last night. We had 30 or so of the most attractive bloggers in St. Louis, sipping Pumpkin Ale at Schlafly Bottleworks well into the night.

I had a lot of fun meeting people I felt like I already knew, but more fun than that, was getting to watch other people connect. My favorite moment was when Benticore (Jerry) realized he was about to come face-to-face with Dwight Wannabe for the very first time. He was as nervous as a schoolgirl on her first date. And folks — I can attest to the fact that Dwight’s Beautiful Wife is indeed, beautiful.

Special thanks to Dana for promoting the gathering and showing up; to Jeanette (who has a wonderful voice) for promoting, coming and bringing readers; to Michelle for getting the blogging lawyers, Dennis Kennedy and Matt Homann (who, it turns out, works for a client of Standing’s) to show; to Liz, who now has a new blogger BFF; and to Raquita, whose life philosophy and sage advice keep us laughing and nodding in agreement; and to Todd Jordan (and Sharon, too) for the great photos and interesting conversation. Thanks also to the members of the Standing Partnership blogging team who were able to make it, including Cathy, Susan, Maria and Kristin. And of course, to my friends and nonbloggers, Trish, Ed and my “handler” Barry, who came out for moral support and to meet the bloggers, too.

There were a few moments that my heart just swelled with happiness; sitting at a table with Dwight, Dwight’s Beautiful Wife, Raquita and Jerry, I was so delighted that those four particular people in the world were together, that my eyes very nearly welled with tears; when Jerry extended his arms to give me a big bear hug before he left (what a sweetheart that guy is); (Oh and folks, I was huggier than I’ve ever been in my life, I think. EVERYONE got one) and when Dana and I were just CRACKING up during some silly conversation (btw, I am so much taller).

Todd Jordan and my friend Trish took a great set of photos: clickety for the slideshow.

I had a blast, and I think everyone else did, too.

10 Responses to STL Blogger Gathering — A Success

1. Raquita says:

WE have todo that again – like every time you come would be pretty cool.

yeah – that rocked

2. Dana says:

It was wonderful to finally meet you in all your supermodel height glory. So much fun.

3. Kim Puzder says:

I wish I would have seen this earlier. I just found your site. I’m a new blogger in StL. who hopes to come to the next one! My name is Kim and my sites are http://www.ruleofthreediet.com and soon to be: littlebitsblog.com
    I hope to meet some of you soon, as I am a mom of two little ones, and I know some of you are too (more in common!).
    -Kim

4. Todd says:

Had a really good time. Enjoyed everyone’s company very much. Meeting you and the others was a real treat. I too found Jerry, Raquita, Dwight and Beautiful wife to be great couples. My wife and I enjoyed sharing the table with them for chatting.

Can’t wait to do this again. Yes, every time you are in town would be great M.

See you all soon.

5. Mistie says:

I am so sad I missed this! I’ll definitely find a babysitter for the princesses next time so I can attend.

6. Marriage-101 says:

I got a hug! But if you get sick, don’t blame me!

I know I’ve said it before, but that was a really fun time. And I second the attractiveness statement. Not because I was there or anything…oh okay, maybe because I was there. 🙂

7. Melody says:

I had such a great time. This is my first time meeting fellow bloggers and I can’t wait to do it again. It would be great to meet everyone again, but it would also be cool to find a forum for improving your blog. Thanks for the time and effort you put into organizing this and if you need help with the next one feel free to email me!

8. motherofbun says:

Was wondering how the evening went. I wish I could have been there to meet you and some of the other cool St.L bloggers. Was thinking of ya’ll. Glad to hear it was so much fun.

9. I missed the blogger meet-up. Will you be having another soon?

10. Pingback: We’re having a party…