- I didn’t buy the blue wig the FIRST time we saw one.
- You cannot buy a pumpkin in Charlottesville if you wait until Oct. 28. (and dudes, no — I am not driving to Ruckersville for a pumpkin.)
- I should have checked the Halloween costume box way before Oct. 28 to discover that the grim reaper getup exists only in my memory.
- I cannot sew. Particularly not between Oct. 28 and Oct. 31, 2007.
- I should not travel before/during any kid-important holiday. Or if I do, plan WAY ahead.
Worst. Mother. Ever. I found her in her room on the phone with giant cartoon tears rolling down her face. (Appropriate, actually since she’s going as an anime character.)
The good part? I remembered to buy candy and fashioned a costume out of four of the 41 black items of clothing I own.
I am forgiven.